Selah

In classical music it is the silence between the sounds that takes a piece from technical to transcendent. Life is more than just a succession of notes without a pause. In the lives of people too, there must likewise be pauses that define and shape the nature of who we are. Today I enter one of those silences in which I believe God will shape and refine me in a new way.

The board of deacons at Meadow Creek Church asked for my resignation last week. On Sunday I announced my resignation to the congregation. It was a very sad day, but I sense the Lord in it. Although I am deeply saddened by this turn of events, I am not surprised. I affirm their decision and recognize that the chemistry is not there. There are no issues of integrity in any way. This is more of a parting over issues of values and vision.
As for Moe and I…this week we start a search for God’s next place of ministry. We have been afforded a severance that, Lord willing, will tide us over until a new place opens up. In the meantime, pray for us that God will use this time in our lives to stretch our faith and deepen our relationship with him. We don’t know where God will lead us, but it will be towards his heart.

This unintentional sabbatical may even allow me to finish my doctoral thesis on peacemaking. That sounds pretty ironic, I know. You just have to laugh sometimes.
There is a time for everything… “ a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;” (Ecclesiastes 3:7, ESV) This season is a time of silence between the sounds that God will use to create a transcendent moment in our lives.

Selah,
Randy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Arlow Carey Underlined Bible

John Stott's Daily Prayer